Friday, February 8, 2008

You hitched-hiked

You hitch-hiked your way
into my
strictly conservative life
and sprinkled a bit
of wanderer's dust

that you brushed
from your jacket
into my heart
and turned me against
the established things

a little wanderer's lust
gripped my soul
and unknowingly or
maybe not

you swung a bit of love
tied on a string
before my eyes
(like a tidbit before a dog)
I brushed aside the people
who tried to restrain
me
from snapping at the string

...just as
I readied myself
to leap
you pulled the string away
turned,
and walked
haughtily
towards the road again

...now that I
have regained
my fool's composure
and have begged
forgiveness
for my erotic behavior
I scold myself
for being so very childish.

but I still look
when I see a hitch-hiker
knowing it's the
only way
I may ever
see you again.

1 comment:

mcsbuilder said...

Do you write these? If so you are amazingly creative. Am I the hitchiker?