Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Are you sleeping?

It's 4am. I can't sleep. This is somewhat a common thing in my life. I stare at this white page because I want to write something, but nothing really comes to my mind.

My stomach growls of hunger and all I can think about is that leftover "Gringo Burrito" I had at Roja tonight. So I go to the kitchen and extract it from the cozy Styrofoam container it is neatly tucked in and warm it in the microwave. After transferring it to a plate, I take it to the living room where I retreat to the couch and my laptop. It's delicious and my hunger growls stop.

That's gonna cost me like an extra fucking hour on the treadmill....

While writing, I play scrabble on my iPhone with a random opponent, and wonder how they come up with such amazing words so quickly.

The wind blows hard outside, I can hear my awnings bumping against the house.

My thoughts are working overtime again and I wish I could shut them off. Never been to fond of the holidays, people ask why, and I must admit that I do not have the answer. Regardless of the fact, I partake in the excitement, somewhat uninspired, unmotivated.

I need a hug.

No comments: