Sunday, March 18, 2007

Personal Space

The neighbor kids cannot even pick their own teams to play a game of tag. Have you listened to them? " You guys go with them" No I want to be with him", "You guys are bigger than us", "Why do you have more people than us?" "I'm not playing" Blah Blah Blah. What has happened to this generation of kids? I will tell you! The school system is to blame. They organize everything so much for these kids that they do not know how to pick teams, defend themselves, stand up for themselves. My son came home the other day with a note saying he violated someone's PERSONAL SPACE. For God's sake he's 6 years old! What the hell does this mean? It means he hugged someone, touched someone, stood too close or maybe pushed somebody. 2007 kids run to whine to a teacher about everything.
Remember in the good old days? (If your under 30 years old stop reading now, your too young) The boy behind you pulled your ponytail and you just hit him? We just took care of the little things ourselves, you did not involve the teacher in everything. You got pushed, you just pushed back and it was over with. NNNOOOO not these days. No playing tackle football, no tag, no chasing each other, no touching, no talking in line. At my son's school..you can only WHISPER in the lunchroom. The principal stands at the microphone yelling, STUDENTS YOU ARE NOT WHISPERING! Hello! Do they really want to waste so much time on this? He's 6 people! Raise your hand when your done, when you get up you must only walk to the right, follow the pattern to the trash, etc. etc. There were so many rules, I could not remember if I EVEN ate my lunch on parents day. So here I am in the Principals office, because my son likes to hug kids. Blame that on his previous daycare, Lutheran daycare where kids played and hugged each other on Friday because they wouldn't see each other for 2 days. Where they had chapel once a week, and talked about loving God and everything around you. Where they made their own choices...and became smart little loving people, until they started Kindergarten in a public school.

1 comment:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

You may violate my personal space anytime you wish (I hope you know that). Good to see you in the blogsphere (and where's my birthday present?)