Monday, July 28, 2008

HE'S.. SAFE!

Work was crummy today and so were the people I worked with. It hurts deep inside and I was going to write about it.. But instead I want to express my excitement for my son as he won his baseball game tonight. You know he's only 7 and score hasn't meant much but they had their first tournament tonight. To see these sweaty little kids in red shirts running after balls, trying to throw to first base and the ball just doesn't make it there. I couldn't stay in my seat. Run! Run! Catch it, shit he missed it, throw it home! What's he doing? I found myself enjoying baseball more this game. Maybe because it was for something. Not just running bases, it had purpose. My heart just smiled when he ran up to me and was yelling WE WON! WE WON! Yeah, it had purpose..

No comments: