Friday, September 18, 2009

Emotional archaeologist looking for the root of things

Anatomy test #1 - I mean who doesn't know their anatomy? I did better than I thought I would. 84%! Shit I surprised myself. Let me tell you though, leading up to test one, I have an 8 year old who plays baseball twice a week and football once a week, boy scouts, someone very important to me passed away, I walk a mile a night, work 40 hours a week and take care of a house, yard etc. I squeeze in maybe a night of fun and a Husker game! Holy Crap! You know I've gotta be up all night doing homework and studying! That's why the light is always on! Do I get any sleep? Oh, maybe 3 1/2 hours a night. Hey, sleep is overrated!

In light of all that I have to tell you, about 10 months ago a man I had gotten really close to, decided after quite a few years that he just couldn't handle my shitty days. Some days I am happy and fulfilled, followed by sadness and struggles. Are ya with me? I suppose I had alot of shit on my plate. I believe he enjoyed the wonderful fun times (Oh and there were many that were squeezed in.)

The point I want to get across, is that life, loving and living, certainly is a mixture. A combination of thrill, stimulation, and challenge. It is a source of sadness, anger and apprehension. Life is an event.

I often wonder if he would be proud of my accomplishments. (A in Physics!) then I realize that even my greatest achievements wouldn't have shined bright enough to blind him from my lowest days.

All things contribute to the composition of life.

No comments: