Monday, October 4, 2010

Where has the lighthouse gone?

I am wise, but not old
and I have learned
not to fulfill my desires, but to forget them.
and perhaps
beyond the reach of most,is good instead of evil.
A man goes far to find out what he is,
and may find himself in a dark tearless night.
There must be people getting what they want.
Good for them, getting what they want.
The wind whispers, the night still, the air cold.
People getting what they need
they are so happy, they forget about tomorrow.
I drift farther from shore
my hand twirls in the water,
I should have learned to tie a secure knot,
not an acceptable knot, in the rope.
A breeze blows.

2 comments:

kssunshine1973 said...

This poem is beautiful, yet mournful. I had to read it several times to catch all the imagery you placed into each line.

You're an artist with words. Well done.

svojoh said...

Thanks