Monday, December 20, 2010

Wish the Grinch would steal Christmas!

Well Christmas break has arrived for my son. Day 1 about 5 hours into getting to stay at home. "I'm bored, there's nothing to do." "Can I open a present?" "Will you get me something to eat?"

I don't like Christmas. All the crap that goes with it. You know, everybody tries to sell it as such a wonderful time of the year. I asked my mom to take my son shopping, so I give them 100 bucks and my list. She calls every 5 minutes, "Did you want that book in hard cover?"
"Yes"
"You want a candle?"
"Yes it's on my list"
"Are you sure you want that kind?"
"Yes"
"I can't find that book in hard cover, are you sure you want hard cover?"
"Yes, if you can't find it, don't worry about it"
"Well, I'm not running all over town to find it in hard cover!"
"Fine, just forget the fucking book, Mom!"
"If your going to act like that, I'm not taking him next year!

And it goes like that.

I can't remember the last time I got a gift that I didn't buy for myself.
Oh, I know its not about the gifts.

It's about all the fucking joy. HO Ho Ho
I know you know what I mean.

No comments: