Friday, April 3, 2009

Meanwhile and since then...

Promises of undying love
Have melted
Now it is over.
It wasn't very long
And I can say good-bye
Without regrets
(Or at least a few) and
Softly
Wave away your face.
But I can wish
And truly do,my dear
That you had know me
In the summer months

Long late shadows
Mixed with emotions unspent
I am golden-bright
Softly tattered.
The silent
Crease lines of confusion
Disappear from in between
Into laughing cheerful smiles.

And I'm silent again
No more heart on my sleeve
Suddenly everything we had in common
Melted in the patio sun.
Outside was my favorite shade of outside
Now I see your face
In a misty fog
Which steams the glass
On bathroom windows.

You could have asked how much time was spent
Making funny faces or walking in the waves
Instead you listened to the way I am
And you understood when you saw me draw a smile
on the bottom of my paper cup

Wish I could give you a name
You could wear like the time of the day I wake up best.

No comments: