Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dreamtime reality

Carefully, he set his wine glass on the table and, taking a slow breath, stood from the couch.
"I'm hearing you tell me there's no way back for us."
His voice was tender as he met her eyes. Becca looked at him.
"I'm so sorry I broke that thing inside you called hope. I'm so sorry I hurt you so badly...."
He trailed off. In the firelight, Brad thought she had never looked more beautiful. Her hair caught fragments of light and cast them off like a halo.
"I'm going to be the man I promised I would be. Deep down you know that no one loves you the way I do. No one gets you, the way that I get you. Tell me you know.." Becca looked away.
Brad gently turned her face back to him. "I will do whatever it takes...Put me back home again."
"Don't break my heart again." She said quickly, and without another word she kissed him, brushing her lips softly against his, once, then twice, before meeting them for good....

No comments: