Friday, July 24, 2009

Potential Energy

He opens the door, "Hey what's going on?"
"Hi, not much, got an A on my test!", I reply.
His office has a welcoming feel to it,
like home, comfortable.
A place for understanding.
I slip off my sandals and sit cross legged
in a large overstuffed couch,which engulfs
my whole being.
"Things must be going well,
there seems to be a consistency
in your attitude!" he exclaims as he sits down.

Smiling, I say "You know, I just want to tell you
how much I appreciate how you've guided me through
a difficult time in my life."
He leans forward and says, "We all struggle
with things in our lives. Some keep it to themselves, and others like yourself, have the ability to vocalize,
communicate, openly express what's on their mind.
When you come upon something challenging in your life,
you put it in your hand, turn it over, question it and
want to know all there is to know about it."

I nod my head and smile as he dispenses
his perception of me.
He continued, "You are authentic and open, and those
who are not, have difficulty with this."
"Tell me about it!" I exclaim.
He laughs, leans back in his chair and runs his hand through his hair.
"You know, fundamentally we're all a bunch of nut cases,
so next time you begin to judge or analyze someone,
try to remember that!"
Laughing,I slip on my sandals and stand up.
"You've seen me during my best and worst times haven't ya!" I exclaim.
and before I could say another word, he replied,
"Yeah, and your harmless!"
I just shake my head and laugh.
"Later genius" he says smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!