Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Things be gone

Wonderful things they are. Garage sales. Why do we keep all the crap we do, I mean what is the point. I have been selling stuff, donating things for about 4 months. Getting rid of things actually feels good. It's scary at first, but then it grows on you. 2 more big items went this week. Not that they are necessarily BIG, but they connected me to the past, but now they are gone. Yes, the big wicker chair I bought with my graduation money. Loved that chair, sold it. You know it just won't fit in the U-Haul of my life. Second item. A star fish. Oh, not any old star fish but a real one I got in Seattle. I had to pull it off the rock, (it was alive) of course then I didn't know the smell would be so bad. Kept it in the car, under the car, at lastly it came home in the suitcase. It smelled nasty, but this star fish made it. Today it left in the trash truck. You know I am a little emotional about it, but on the other hand it had as many bad memories as it did good.

Bye Mr. Starfish

No comments: