Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boy Scout uniform for sale, never worn.

Well I gave the boy scouts another chance after the last issue. Tonight was Family Night at Camp Cedars at 5:30. Bring a salad the newsletter said.
Again, no directions to the camp. Here's the best part though. When we did find the Camp it was very busy. As I expected.

So we asked the first person we saw all decked out in every piece of boy scout clothing possible.
"Where are they eating?" I asked. "Umm.. we aren't eating tonight" we were told. But tonight is family night we replied. Nope that's on Friday we were told.

So we left. I said to the man to whom I was going to unmarry, "Are you sure we should just go by what one person says?" "Well, I'm sure she knows whats going on, you must have written it wrong in the day planner!" he said.
I could have...it's possible...I have a terrible memory...but that's why I have a day planner. My feelings are hurt and Reed is crying in the back seat. "I hate boy scouts, they are stupid" he says. I don't usually allow the word stupid, but I let it slide this time, because well ..they are stupid for gods sake!

So we went back home. Geez, I hate to say it, but I WAS RIGHT.

We should have asked more than one person, and the damn newsletter should give more information. Like... dinner is at Pine Tree Dining Hall or something.

I was incorrect about the last Scout get together, it had a record turn out. 400 attended!

And one damn ketchup bottle!

No comments: