Sunday, February 1, 2009

When one door closes, two more open.

I find it quite remarkable that when you believe you have reached your darkest day and that the doors of life have all shut in front of you, that if you believe in your heart that a better day will come, that day will come true. I kept my head up and my heart open and good things have come my way, not just good but quite remarkable! While my road ahead looked bleak with a job lay off and a heart void of love the doors began to open. Approached by 3 different company's and the ability of staying on with the city has brought a wonderful calm to my life. People in my life have taken on introducing me to some new people which has brought joy to my heart. I now realize what is important in my life and surprising enough the people who mean the most to me have always been right there. A call from someone in my past with whom my heart has much energy with, has given me the capacity to imagine that true love can certainly exist. You see, I still have the same phone number I had in my twenties, I have kept it all these years and wildly enough the person who contacted me had keep it in the address book for more than 25 years. I now believe the most difficult decision in life is knowing what to keep and what to let go. I chose correctly.

Sometime you focus so much on the closed door that you are not able to see that you must only turn the knob.

No comments: