Friday, March 28, 2008

All in a days work

I'm sorry but I have one thing to say to those of you who work indoors...TOO BAD.
Let me tell you, I may have to work in the wind, rain, snow reading meters for the Utilities, but I also get to see things and go places the majority of people never get to.

Today
1. I read the meters at a van down by the river. (only a small portion of you will understand..HA) Seriously, I walked along the river and read meters at homes and cabins. Saw a couple deer and wild turkeys. I get paid for doing this!
2. I know when Spring is here..I get to experience everybody's Spring flowers coming up.
3. I read the meters at a beautiful lake. If they are building new homes, I am always welcome to go take a tour.
4. Nobody watching over your shoulder, no women in the office arguing, just piece and quiet in the mornings.
5. Ever get to weigh yourself on the post office scale? Or the scale that weighs the grain trucks?
6. I know which restaurants to avoid, lots of times we need to go through the kitchen or into the basements to read the meters.

Yes, there are days I get soaked by rain. There are plenty of times I wish I could get dressed up to go to work.
But, nothing beats what I am able to see and do all with a day's pay.

No comments: