Sunday, March 23, 2008

Deviled eggs anyone?

Did the Easter egg hunt thing. We had 23 plastic eggs filled with goodies, and 11 real hard boiled eggs. (Number 12 was broken when I got the carton home, yes Mom I did lift the lid and they were all okay when I put them in the shopping cart!) We (I mean the Easter Bunny) hid them around the yard. Then when my son was hunting for them his father and I followed him around and his father video taped it. I suppose you will be able to hear me telling his father in that low, quiet, kinda pissed off voice, "We've been doing this for 7 years now and you still can't remember that the Easter Bunny doesn't hide the eggs any higher than him. So that means don't hide them on the tree branch,or in the mailbox or up on top of the slide!" (Trust me I will repeat this sentence again in my lifetime!)

You tend to do the same things your parents did traditionally, sometimes without thinking... As I was making Deviled Eggs for dinner I wondered if it really was a good idea to leave these hard boiled eggs out on display, in the basket on the kitchen table for say...4 days? I mean when I was a kid, after we dyed the eggs we just left them sit out to look at. Mom didn't put them back in the refrigerator..Hhhumm, I just assumed that was the way everybody did it, I mean we cooked them, so they should be fine....Right?

No comments: