Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Start your engines!

I'm still recovering from the fun I had Monday night at the Boy Scout meeting! (Did I just say that?) Yes, I had fun! All the kids had to make "box cars". Ours was nothing special, you know just your average box, colored it a bit, put a number on it and some wheels. Well, let me tell you, some of these cars were amazing? One kid had a car that looked like a batmobile. I introduced myself to this child's parents, because I wanted to meet the parents that must have spent their every waking moment for a week constructing this amazing car. (Let me explain, these kids hold this box under their arms while running 3 laps around an imaginary race track in the church's gymnasium.) There was a sprint car and even a tank, best paint job on a box I have ever seen. Amazing!

I've got to tell you, it was a blast. The kids run heats (about 4 kids each). The parents are the pit crew. After the first lap you have to change his tires. This consisted of the two of us taking off our son's shoes and socks, turning the socks inside out and putting his socks and shoes back on. After lap 2 we had to give him a drink of water from a cup, needless to say his Dad poured most of it down the front of his shirt. (you know men, it's all about winning) and after lap 3 we had to spray the swimming goggles he was wearing with water and wipe them off. Then it was a race to the finish! It was so fun! Reed ended up in 3rd place, and had a great time!

No comments: